Ingredients (printable recipe)
18 frozen Rhodes White Dinner Rolls
1 pkg. cook and serve (not instant) butterscotch pudding mix
1 cup pecans, whole or pieces
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
3/4 cup brown sugar (dark is best!)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Grease a bundt pan or a 9x13' pan and sprinkle pecans on the bottom.
2. Place frozen rolls on top. Sprinkle dry pudding mix on top of rolls.
3. Heat together butter, brown sugar and cinnamon till butter melts. Pour over rolls and cover with plastic wrap sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Let sit overnight or about 6 hours. After they've risen, bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, covering with foil the last 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, allow to cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a platter, allowing the goo to drip onto the rolls.
This recipe is from someone that works with my husband
|I put everything together in a bundt pan in the morning. Rolls are still frozen.|
|I'm glad I checked on this a little early. This is after 5 1/2 hours. It looks ready for the oven to me!|
|I baked it for 20 minutes and it was already brown on top. So, I covered the top with foil and baked an additional 15 minutes.|
|I let it rest for 10 minutes in the pan before I turned it out onto a platter. Hold the pan over the cake for a minute or so to let everything drip out.|
|A close up of the delicious stickiness!|
5 out of 5 stars! Or as my little 5 yr. old would say, "a millions stars!" Everyone gave it 5 stars and that rarely happens around here. This is definitely a family favorite recipe that we will make again and again. I've already had a request for this to be a special birthday breakfast. Valentine's Day is coming up and this would be a sweet surprise for someone special.
I don't like to be bossy, but I'm telling you---make this Sticky Bun Cake! And make it soon. You won't be disappointed. :)
This recipe is shared at:
I also share recipes at the following linky parties.